Within the context of the classroom support project for asylum seekers' teachers, project activities have been evaluated recentlyRead more
Aims And Objectives
War in the Middle East and North Africa have caused a humanitarian disaster for those countries and its neighbors. According to UNICEF (September 2015):
- 13+ million children are not attending school in the Middle East and North African countries affected by conflicts
- 1 in 4 schools in Syria cannot be used because they have been destroyed, damaged or been repurposed as shelters or military headquarters.
About the Project
REFUGEEClassAssistance4Teachers (Training for teachers how to cope with refugee children in their class) is an EC funded project under the Erasmus + programme (KA 2 - Cooperation for Innovation and the Exchange of Good Practices, Strategic Partnership for School Education) which will be completed by 8 partners from 5 different countries, namely Turkey, Bulgaria, Greece, Serbia and Belgium.
REFUGEEClassAssistance4Teachers aims to create training material which will enable teachers to cope with the challenges that are derived from the integration of migrant and refugee children in education.
For the classroom itself, and to ease the work of the teachers, a range of tools will be made available:
- EASY-TO-READ illustrated training material that can be used by teachers to address the different aforementioned domains with the children.
- A mobile app with:
- mobile games for teachers to support their work towards pupils with refugee back ground, and that will be based on the EASY-TO-READ illustrated training material.
- language support using a symbol/speech/text supported interaction app with 500 expressions/feelings/concepts.